23 Oct 2014

Another of those “only in France” stories…




Now here's a thought

I’ve recently taken up watercolour painting, partly as a way of practicing my french conversation with the mostly french class.
As I needed some paints, brushes and other paraphernalia, we sought out the only art supply shop in the region, at Bergerac.
It’s a two storey shop in the main street and is full of all sorts of goodies for your ‘leisure’ pursuits – painting, sculpture, handcrafts, books, et al.
So, while I was taking my time on the important job of choosing paint brushes and paint colours, the ever helpful assistant took pity on Graham and invited him to try the product in another department. Yes, they had a wine section – quite a large selection of the local produce.


So Graham was happily occupied while I made my choices.
It’s called…shopping à la française


Does this really sound like a good combination ?

Hope your week is full of interesting experiences....

Bon semaine mes amis



No comments:

Post a Comment